Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A very Dilly Day


Today has been…well, a very Dilly day. Now I realize I don't update my blog very often, but after reading how this day went...you might understand why :) I didn’t realize the amount of activity, or should a say “mischief” of this day until I started reflecting on it as I was driving home from the gym after teaching a class. Let’s start from the beginning:

1) 1) I go down stairs to a happy shining Alex and Dillon on the couch drinking chocolate milk. After smiles and hugs, I look in the kitchen to see that a full cereal box has been dumped on the floor. I look at the boys and Dilly immediately points to Alex and says “alee did it” which makes me know for absolute certain that is was Dillon.

2) 2) After getting the house cleaned, and preparing to leave for the gym to teach a morning class, Dillon throws up that yummy chocolate milk on the carpet because he coughed too hard.

3) After the gym we head to the grocery store. I let the boys our of the cart for 5 seconds when Dillon sticky hands grabs a rollos and heath candy bar and has them both open in record time. We added those items to our grocery list

4) Now we are home. Dillon runs in the house, grabs a small size ball and a soccer ball, takes them to the bathroom and shoves them down the toilet. After I get them out he picks up the “wet balls” and says “ooh, wet,” throws one of them at Alex and starts wiping his hands on me. GROSE.

5) It’s nap time! Nope, Dillon wakes himself up in 20 min. after coughing too hard. After feeling in his diaper if he pooped, he finds out that he did and runs over to show me he did! Now it’s on his finger which is waving in front of my face and dropping on my pillow.

6) We go downstairs. Somehow he finds that dang soccer ball, kicks it at the wall, knocks off one of my large family pictures which now shatters glass all over the floor. He looks at me and yells “no, no, no mommy!” as if to take the words right out of my mouth.

7) Dilly now decides its snack time. He climbs up the pantry shelves to get to the chips knocking the chocolate milk to the floor which goes everywhere. Another mess.

8) Now Alex is up and we are working on a project in the kitchen in which Dillon decides to get in all the stickers and apply at least 25 stickers all over the course of his body (including his eyes) we did have fun taking those off J

9) Me and Alex are making dinner when I smell smoke and look over to see that Dillon has pulled a chair over to the microwave, put Sams keys, cell phone, wallet, a nickel and penny inside and started the thing on high. As I was running over to turn it off Dillon says “ooh, pretty mom!”

10) I leave for class. Sam is now on Dilly duty. He is showering after his run and gets out of the shower to find Dillon has taken his pants and diaper off, found the nail clippers and was bringing them over towards his…tenders if you will, ready to pinch them.

11) As I come inside after having finished teaching class, I see Sam on the floor cleaning up a chocolate milk spill, done by none other than…Dilly J

12) 8:45 He finally sleeps. All is calm.

12 comments:

Tami said...

That is Hilarious!! Lol!! Didn't he also lock himself in the bathroom one day? You have your hands full! Tell your kids my kids said Hi and wish they were playing again. Love ya, glad it is you and not me. Have fun with your kids.

The Woody's Fam said...

WOW, I am tired from just reading this. Good luck tomorrow - I hope it is an Aubrey kind of day.

Katrina Grube said...

O M G. I read this aloud to Ryan and we both laughed so hard! So...when are you planning for the third?? ;) Miss you guys and your blog posts!!

Randy, Alanna, Keira, and Braden said...

That is great. It is good to hear about your guys again. Keep updating your blog.

Unknown said...

that my friend is a very full day!!! I've been wondering how you are doing?? What's new with you guys? We're still here in utah and probably will be for a while:) #4 is on it's way not due till may 2011. I think this is our last one:) I'm going to enjoy my 30's of just raising my kids:)

The Atwood's said...

It might be time to trade him in for a new one! ha j/k. I was laughing out loud at this. Hil-ari-ous! Poor you though. You should have called and dropped him off at my house. However, congrats on posting! I'm off to do my own...

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! How old is that little stinker? what a good idea to blog about it so other people can get a laugh out of it,I'm sure you weren't laughing when it was all happening but I died when I read it!

Sun Cube said...

That was such a funny post. Now I know why I only had girls. It is good thing that you have boundless energy for your boys!

RR said...

We miss you guys!

Karyn said...

Okay, seriously?!? You're making me nervous to ever have boys :P ha ha. He sure is a cute one though ;)

Our Family said...

Um... wow. Words can't even describe! Haha. I hope every day isn't quite that eventful for you! Sounds like you need a vacation... How about Logan, Utah?

Cohen and Aimee said...

Whats the best part for me is after reading this and talking to Sam a few days after it he only mentioned #9. LOLOLOL!